Cypress Canyon Publishing is currently seeking an Editorial Assistant to assist with a wide range of editorial and publishing tasks with a focus on preparing manuscripts for publication, including organizing and transmitting manuscripts for books to production, and tracking and trafficking projects through the publication process.
The ideal candidate is one who is eager to step in and help with any task or assignment, no matter how big or small, and is detail-oriented with superior written and verbal communication skills.
The intern will be assisting Cypress Canyon’s founder and managing editor in editing and developing manuscripts of books published by Cypress Canyon.
This position is a telecommuting position, with incredibly flexible hours. As long as tasks are being completed, per the agreed upon schedule, you may create your schedule to fit around other obligations, including classes.
• Assist in coordinating the publication process from manuscript to book, including contracts, permissions, and licensing.
• Functioning as a second copy editor for manuscripts and possibly a primary copy editor on some.
• Solicit, organize, and handle author bios, photos and digital author profile.
• Taking charge of formatting, copy editing, and checking layout for Cypress Canyon books
• Fact-checking manuscripts
• Social media posting and growth of followers
• Perform administrative and editorial duties under minimal supervision.
• Monitor the production schedule and maintain communication with authors, agents, and in some cases author’s management and publicity teams.
• Read, edit, judge manuscripts, publicity and promotion, copyediting and design documents.
• Handle illustrations procurement as needed.
• Superior attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Firm command of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Previous proofing/editing experience a plus but not necessary
• Must pass Cypress Canyon’s editorial skills test
• Intern must be well-versed with Microsoft Word
• Strong interest in fiction books, including contemporary, fantasy, sci-fi, and more.
• As this is a telecommuting position, you must have a reliable computer with Internet access and Microsoft Word.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter detailing your experience to publish @ cypresscanyonbooks.com (remove spaces).
Cypress Canyon Publishing is an equal opportunity employer.